Wednesday 16 April 2014

...Of Arrows in Quivers

Children. They are a gift from God, we are told. The Bible tells us this time and again. 

But it is odd that it takes those children becoming adults to really see how true this is.

My sons have become men in whom I can confide and trust. My daughter may not be another, but she is a wonderful 'matriarch' even at 25; and that is most definitely a compliment!  

The Psalms say 'Like a quiver full of arrows, so is a man whose house is full of his children.' Within that saying is a sense of deep contentment. 

And I am at last sensing that contentment. I am thankful for them. Whatever's heartache they have caused me, and I them, I now rejoice in these marvelous people that God has blessed me with. To each I say thank you. Through you (and through your mother, of course) God has made my life a sweet joy.


No comments:

Post a Comment